Jun 11 Andean Guitar Workshop - Camilo Pajuelo
Andean Guitar Workshop - Camilo Pajuelo Valdez
Guitar, a very popular instrument all over the world, is deeply rooted in the tradition of the Andean peoples. Over several generations, a particular style developed in Peru, both as solo playing or in a band. This style is known as the Andean guitar.
The workshop shall introduce participants to the realm of Andean guitar in a didactic and practical way. We shall exercise on pieces for both solo guitar and guitar ensemble. The main technical and expressive resources related to this repertoire (sound production, vibrato, ornamentation, bordoneo, strumming, improvisation, etc.) will be touched upon. The workshop is primarily aimed at guitarists with an intermediate or advanced level.
1) Know about the main technical and expressive resources of Andean guitar repertoire.
2) Practice those aspects in both solo and group playing.
1) Introduction to Andean guitar: history, social context, performers, repertoire, style, genres and techniques.
2) Main guitar techniques for solo playing: sound production, vibrato, ornamentation.
3) Main techniques for accompaniment guitar: bordoneo, strumming.
4) Notions of improvisation for Andean guitar.
12:00 Pause [15 minutes]
14:00 End of the workshop
Date: Saturday 11th of June, 2016
Location: GUITARRAS DE LUTHIER
C / Doctor Mata 1, 28012 Madrid, Spain
Fees: 50 €
Responsible: Camilo Pajuelo Valdez
- Guitarras de Luthier
- Trazosonoro Productions
Limited Places: Registrations to firstname.lastname@example.org